In operation 1892-1940+
The Equitable Pottery became a part of the Trenton Potteries Company in 1892.
The Trenton Potteries Company. 1896. Specialties Department/The Trenton Potteries Co., Manufacturers of Druggists’ Sundries and Essential Articles for use in Hospitals and Sick-Rooms. Brandt Press, Trenton, New Jersey.
Trenton Board of Trade. 1900. Industrial Trenton and Vicinity. George A. Wolf Publishers, Wilmington, Delaware.
Hayward, W. (United States Attorney). 1922. In the District Court of the United States America, for the Southern District of New York: United States of America vs. the Trenton Potteries Co., et al.: Indictment Filed August 9, 1922. Freemont Payne, Inc., New York, New York.
Trenton Magazine. 1925. “How the Trenton Potteries Company Manufactures ‘Tepeco’ All-Clay Plumbing Products: Showing Care Used in Selection of Materials and Explaining Modern Methods Used in the Manufacture of Sanitary Earthenware.” January.
The Trenton Potteries Company. 1925. Established 3500 B.C.: A Brief History of the Origin and Development of All Clay Plumbing Fixtures. Trenton, New Jersey.
Harney, W.J. 1929. “Trenton’s First Potteries.” Sunday Times Advertiser, July 7, 14, 21 and 28, 1929.
Stern, Marc Jeffrey. 1994. The Pottery Industry of Trenton: A Skilled Trade in Transition, 1850-1929. Rutgers University Press, New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Other firms at this site:
Trenton Potteries Company Plant #5; Equitable Pottery
Block and Lot:
Historic Street Address:
Lalor Street near Canal; Lalor Street n. Hancock Street; Wolverton Avenue
City of Trenton
Lathrop 1905, plate 11: shown as “The Trenton Potteries Co. ‘Equitable Pottery'”
Sanborn 1908, vol.2, plate 180: shown as “Trenton Potteries Co. Equitable Pottery”
Sanborn 1927, vol. 2, plate 260: shown as “Trenton Potteries Co. Plant No. 5 (Equitable Pottery)”
Franklin 1930, plate 21: shown as “Trenton Potteries Co. Plant #5 (Equitable Pottery)” on Lalor Street and Canal.