Pope & Lee’s Pottery

  

Metrodori liberos commendas

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut aliquid scire se gaudeant? At, si voluptas esset bonum, desideraret. Ergo id est convenienter naturae vivere, a natura discedere. Cur deinde Metrodori liberos commendas? Maximus dolor, inquit, brevis est.

Duo Reges: constructio interrete. Omnes enim iucundum motum, quo sensus hilaretur. Nihil illinc huc pervenit. Quid censes in Latino fore?

In operation

1888-1892

Wares

Notes

“J. Bentley Pope and James G, Lee who have been connected with the Union Pottery, last week bought out the old Eureka Pottery at Prince and Meade streets, East Trenton, and they intend to remodel the building and establish in it a decorating shop on a large scale. Thomas Whitehead was the former owner of the Eureka.

It is reported that measures are in progress to take the Union Pottery out of the hands of the Receiver” (Trenton Evening Times, Sunday, December 16, 1888).

Listed as pottery decorators in the 1892 city directory (Fitzgerald 1892), but not listed in subsequent directories.

Selected References

“To Start a Decorating Shop.” Trenton Evening Times, Sunday, December 16, 1888.

Fitzgerald, Thomas F. 1892. “Fitzgerald’s Trenton and Mercer County Directory, Together with a Directory of Bordentown, Burlington, Mount Holly and Lambertville, NJ and Morrisville, PA, Included a Fund of Information Concerning Public and Private Institutions, National, State, County, City and Borough Governments, Gathered from Reliable and Official Sources.” Thomas F. Fitzgerald, Trenton, New Jersey.

Other Names

Pope & Lee

Block and Lot:
196D/58

Historic Street Address:
Mead Street; Mead Street and Prince Street; 30 Prince Street; 48 Prince Street; 50-72 Prince Street

Municipality:
City of Trenton