Trenton Potteries Company (Empire Pottery)

  

Metrodori liberos commendas

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut aliquid scire se gaudeant? At, si voluptas esset bonum, desideraret. Ergo id est convenienter naturae vivere, a natura discedere. Cur deinde Metrodori liberos commendas? Maximus dolor, inquit, brevis est.

Duo Reges: constructio interrete. Omnes enim iucundum motum, quo sensus hilaretur. Nihil illinc huc pervenit. Quid censes in Latino fore?

In operation

1928-c.1938

Wares

sanitary earthenware (Industrial Directory 1931, 1934, 1938)

Notes

In the 1920s, the Trenton Potteries Company was acquired by the Crane Company, but continued to operate under the original name (Goldberg 1998:37).

Selected References

Fitzgerald, Thomas F. 1929-1934. “Fitzgerald’s Trenton and Mercer County Directory, Together with a Directory of Bordentown, Burlington, Mount Holly and Lambertville, NJ.” Thomas F. Fitzgerald, Trenton, New Jersey.

New Jersey Bureau of Statistics and Records, State Department of Labor. 1931. “The Industrial Directory of New Jersey.” Trenton, New Jersey.

New Jersey Bureau of Statistics and Records, State Department of Labor. 1934. “The Industrial Directory of New Jersey.” Trenton, New Jersey.

New Jersey Bureau of Statistics and Records, State Department of Labor. 1938. “The Industrial Directory of New Jersey.” Trenton, New Jersey.

Stern, Marc Jeffrey. 1994. “The Pottery Industry of Trenton: A Skilled Trade in Transition, 1850-1929.” Rutgers University Press, New Brunswick, New Jersey.

Other Names

Trenton Potteries Company Plant #3; Crane Company

Block and Lot:
39-1B/1

Historic Street Address:
Clinton Avenue on Belvidere and Delaware Railroad; Clinton Avenue on Perry Street; North Clinton Avenue corner of Ott Street

Municipality:
City of Trenton