In operation 1878-1879
“Pottery Notes. — Mr. Edward Clarke, recently one of the most prominent potters in the Staffordshire district, England, landed in New York on Sunday last, and is now in this city. Mr. Clarke has established his partnership with Mr. James Carr, formerly of New York, and these two gentlemen will together push forward the work of manufacturing crockery in the old Speeler Pottery, which has been changed in name to that of the Lincoln Pottery.”
— “Pottery Notes.” Trenton State Gazette, April 11, 1879.
“Pottery Notes.” Trenton State Gazette, April 11, 1879.
Woodward, E.M. and J.F. Hageman. 1883. History of Burlington and Mercer Counties. Everts and Peck, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Harney, W.J. 1929. “Trenton’s First Potteries.” Sunday Times Advertiser, July 7, 14, 21 and 28, 1929.
Goldberg, David J. 1998. Preliminary Notes on the Pioneer Potters and Potteries of Trenton, N.J.: The First Thirty Years – 1852 – 1882 (And Beyond). Privately published, Trenton, New Jersey.
Other firms at this site:
Block and Lot:
Historic Street Address:
Canal Street near Front Street; West Canal and Assanpink; West Canal corner of Plymouth; East Front Street Basin; Stockton and Front Street Basin
City of Trenton