In operation 1894-c.1905
“John H. Brewer, who was anxious to continue in the pottery business after the failure of his famous company, Ott & Brewer, joined with Fell and Thropp in March, 1894 to create the Hart Brewer Pottery Co. Pottery operations finally ended shortly after the turn of the century, thus concluding 50 years of pottery production at this location. The buildings were converted to use in connection with a plumbing supply business.”
— Goldberg, David J. 1998. Preliminary Notes on the Pioneer Potters and Potteries of Trenton, N.J.: The First Thirty Years – 1852 – 1882 (And Beyond). Privately published, Trenton, New Jersey.
Fitzgerald, Thomas F. 1894-1900. Fitzgerald’s Trenton and Mercer County Directory, Together with a Directory of Bordentown, Burlington, Mount Holly and Lambertville, NJ and Morrisville, PA, Included a Fund of Information Concerning Public and Private Institutions, National, State, County, City and Borough Governments, Gathered from Reliable and Official Sources. Thomas F. Fitzgerald, Trenton, New Jersey.
Thorn, C. Jordan. 1947. Handbook of Old Pottery & Porcelain Marks. Tudor Publishing Company, New York, New York.
Lehner, Lois. 1980. Complete Book of American Kitchen and Dinner Wares. Wallace-Homestead Book Company, Des Moines, Iowa.
Goldberg, David J. 1998. Preliminary Notes on the Pioneer Potters and Potteries of Trenton, N.J.: The First Thirty Years – 1852 – 1882 (And Beyond). Privately published, Trenton, New Jersey.
Other firms at this site:
Hart-Brewer Pottery Company
Block and Lot:
52B; 52C; NJ RT 26
Historic Street Address:
Greenwood Avenue corner of Jackson Street; Railroad between Jackson & Mercer; Taylor near Mercer; Mercer corner of Taylor; Taylor near Broad
City of Trenton