In operation 1888-1894
Bisque and white granite ware (Abramson and Karschner 1978)
In 1887 the company was succeeded by the Clark Brothers Pottery Company which later became the Clark Brothers Lamp Brass and Copper Company and in 1891 became the American Lamp and Brass Company.
— Abramson, D.V. and T. Karschner. 1978. An Inventory of Historic Engineering and Industrial Sites, Trenton, New Jersey. On file, New Jersey Historic Preservation Office (NJDEP), Trenton, New Jersey.
Clark Brothers’ Pottery. c. 1890. Clark Brothers’ Company, Trenton, N.J.: Manufacturers of Superior Ironstone China. Trenton, New Jersey.
Harney, W.J. 1929. “Trenton’s First Potteries.” Sunday Times Advertiser, July 7, 14, 21 and 28, 1929.
Abramson, D.V. and T. Karschner. 1978. An Inventory of Historic Engineering and Industrial Sites, Trenton, New Jersey. On file, New Jersey Historic Preservation Office (NJDEP), Trenton, New Jersey.
Goldberg, David J. 1998. Preliminary Notes on the Pioneer Potters and Potteries of Trenton, N.J.: The First Thirty Years – 1852 – 1882 (And Beyond). Privately published, Trenton, New Jersey.
Other firms at this site:
Clark Brothers Pottery Company; Clark Brothers Lamp and Brass Company; Globe Lamp and Pottery Works; American Lamp and Brass Co.
Block and Lot:
Historic Street Address:
New York Avenue near Mulberry Street; Delaware and Raritan Canal above Rose Street
Bourquin, F., and C. C. Haven. 1873-1880. Enterprise Land Company Plan of Building Lots and Manufacturing Sites Lying Between Brunswick Avenue and Clinton Street, East Trenton, N.J. Enterprise Land Company, Trenton, New Jersey. (Shown as “The Globe Lamp & Pottery Works”)
Sanborn‑Perris Map Company. 1890. Insurance Maps of the City of Trenton, Mercer County, New Jersey. Sanborn‑Perris Map Company, New York, New York. (Plate 19: shown as “Globe Lamp and Pottery Works”)
Scarlett & Scarlett. 1890. Scarlett & Scarlett’s Fire Insurance Map of Mercer County. Scarlett & Scarlett, Newark, New Jersey. (Plate 63: shown as “Globe Lamp & Pot W’ks.”)