sanitary earthenware (Industrial Directory 1906, 1909)
Known as the Fidelity Pottery Company in 1911 (Harney 1929).
This site appears to have been absorbed by the Circle F Manufacturing Co. sometime between 1919 and 1927. Some buildings date from at least 1908 when the Fidelity Pottery Co. was at this location. In 1902, the Fidelity Pottery Company moved to this site and also made sanitary pottery. In 1919 the site was taken over by the Fay and Youngs Rubber Corporation (Abramson and Karschner 1978:11).
“Charles H. Baker and J Harris Cogill founded Fidelity in 1902 to manufacture sanitary items” (Robinson and Feeny 1980:66).
Fitzgerald, Thomas F. 1903-1911. “Fitzgerald’s Trenton and Mercer County Directory, Together with a Directory of Bordentown, Burlington, Mount Holly and Lambertville, NJ.” Thomas F. Fitzgerald, Trenton, New Jersey.
New Jersey Bureau of Industrial Statistics. 1909. “The Industrial Directory of New Jersey.” Trenton, New Jersey.
Secretary of State. 1914. “Corporations of New Jersey, List of Certificates to December 31, 1911.” MacCrellish & Quigley, Trenton, New Jersey.
Harney, W.J. 1929. “Trenton’s First Potteries.” Sunday Times Advertiser, July 7, 14, 21 and 28, 1929.
Abramson, D.V. and T. Karschner. 1978. “An Inventory of Historic Engineering and Industrial Sites, Trenton, New Jersey.” On file, New Jersey Historic Preservation Office (NJDEP), Trenton, New Jersey.
Robinson, Dorothy and Bill Feeny. 1980. “The Official Price Guide to American Pottery & Porcelain.” House of Collectibles, Orlando, Florida.