Egyptian Pottery

  

Metrodori liberos commendas

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut aliquid scire se gaudeant? At, si voluptas esset bonum, desideraret. Ergo id est convenienter naturae vivere, a natura discedere. Cur deinde Metrodori liberos commendas? Maximus dolor, inquit, brevis est.

Duo Reges: constructio interrete. Omnes enim iucundum motum, quo sensus hilaretur. Nihil illinc huc pervenit. Quid censes in Latino fore?

In operation

1890-1902

Wares

plumbers' sanitary earthenware (Trenton Board of Trade 1900:79)

Notes

“This concern makes a specialty of Plumbers’ Sanitary Earthenware, being one of the oldest concerns in that branch of the Pottery business, and their product finds a market all over the United States. They deal exclusively with Plumbers’ Supply Houses” (Trenton Board of Trade 1900:79).

Established in 1891, this pottery was known as the Fidelity Pottery Company in 1911 (Harney 1929).

“Egyptian was founded in 1891 by Charles H. Baker and Cornelius Turford for the production of sanitary ware” (Robinson and Feeny 1980:64).

Selected References

Potters’ National Union. 1893. Official Souvenir of the Convention of the Potters’ National Union of North America, held at Trenton, New Jersey. January 1893. On file, Trenton Public Library, Trenton, New Jersey.

Lee, Francis B. 1895. “History of Trenton, New Jersey.” F.T. Smiley & Co., Trenton, New Jersey.

Fitzgerald, Thomas F. 1896-1900. “Fitzgerald’s Trenton and Mercer County Directory, Together with a Directory of Bordentown, Burlington, Mount Holly and Lambertville, NJ and Morrisville, PA, Included a Fund of Information Concerning Public and Private Institutions, National, State, County, City and Borough Governments, Gathered from Reliable and Official Sources.” Thomas F. Fitzgerald, Trenton, New Jersey.

Trenton Board of Trade. 1900. “Industrial Trenton and Vicinity.” George A. Wolf Publishers, Wilmington, Delaware.

Fitzgerald, Thomas F. 1901-1902. “Fitzgerald’s Trenton and Mercer County Directory, Together with a Directory of Bordentown, Burlington, Mount Holly and Lambertville, NJ.” Thomas F. Fitzgerald, Trenton, New Jersey.

New Jersey Bureau of Industrial Statistics. 1901. “The Industrial Directory of New Jersey.” Trenton, New Jersey.

Harney, W.J. 1929. “Trenton’s First Potteries.” Sunday Times Advertiser, July 7, 14, 21 and 28, 1929.

Podmore, Harry J. 1955. “Egyptian Pottery.” Sunday Times Advertiser, July 24, 1955.

Abramson, D.V. and T. Karschner. 1978. “An Inventory of Historic Engineering and Industrial Sites, Trenton, New Jersey.” On file, New Jersey Historic Preservation Office (NJDEP), Trenton, New Jersey.

Lehner, Lois. 1980. “Complete Book of American Kitchen and Dinner Wares.” Wallace-Homestead Book Company, Des Moines, Iowa.

Robinson, Dorothy and Bill Feeny. 1980. “The Official Price Guide to American Pottery & Porcelain.” House of Collectibles, Orlando, Florida.

Other Names

Egyptian Pottery Company

Block and Lot:
196D/58

Historic Street Address:
10 Prince Street; Mead Street corner of Prince Street; 2-10 Prince Street; Prince & Mead

Municipality:
City of Trenton