In operation 1876-1879
“The Eagle Pottery was erected in 1876 by Richard Millington, one of the pioneers of the pottery business in this city, who has been for many years successfully associated with the firm of Millington & Astbury. Mr. Millington retiring from business, it was purchased Dec. 1, 1879, by H. Nelson Burroughs, of Philadelphia, who leased it to the firm of Burroughs, Mountford & Co., consisting of his son, Henry A. Burroughs, Elijah Mountford, and Joseph Burroughs.”
— Woodward, E.M. and J.F. Hageman. 1883. History of Burlington and Mercer Counties. Everts and Peck, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Woodward, E.M. and J.F. Hageman. 1883. History of Burlington and Mercer Counties. Everts and Peck, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Harney, W.J. 1929. “Trenton’s First Potteries.” Sunday Times Advertiser, July 7, 14, 21 and 28, 1929.
Goldberg, David J. 1998. Preliminary Notes on the Pioneer Potters and Potteries of Trenton, N.J.: The First Thirty Years – 1852 – 1882 (And Beyond). Privately published, Trenton, New Jersey.
Other firms at this site:
Millington's Pottery; Eagle Pottery
Block and Lot:
Historic Street Address:
North Clinton Avenue near Perrine Avenue; North Clinton Avenue opposite Hart Avenue
City of Trenton