In operation 1904-1912
bricks, sanitary pottery
“The Walton’s Sanitary Pottery Company began operations in the buildings formerly connected with the Walton brick establishment. In 1912 it was known as the Interstate Sanitary Pottery Company located at Southard and Roosevelt Streets. It was later taken over by the Sanitary Earthenware Company.”
— Harney, W.J. 1929. “Trenton’s First Potteries.” Sunday Times Advertiser, July 7, 14, 21 and 28, 1929.
Harney, W.J. 1929. “Trenton’s First Potteries.” Sunday Times Advertiser, July 7, 14, 21 and 28, 1929.
Abramson, D.V. and T. Karschner. 1978. An Inventory of Historic Engineering and Industrial Sites, Trenton, New Jersey. On file, New Jersey Historic Preservation Office (NJDEP), Trenton, New Jersey.
Robinson, Dorothy and Bill Feeny. 1980. The Official Price Guide to American Pottery & Porcelain. House of Collectibles, Orlando, Florida.
Other firms at this site:
C.B. Walton Company; Walton Sanitary Pottery Company; Interstate Pottery Company
Historic Street Address:
Southard Street and Johnson Trolley; 1050 New Southard Street