porcelain figures of birds and other wildlife; hand-painted hard-paste porcelain sculpture
“Edward Marshall Boehm founded a studio pottery in Trenton in 1949. His first workshop was on Stokes Avenue, and he later moved to Fairfacts Avenue. Following Mr. Boehm’s death [in 1969], his wife Helen took over the company. Studios have now been opened in England as well as in Trenton É” (Robinson and Feeny 1980:53).
Cosentino, Frank J. 1960. “Boehm’s Birds: The Porcelain Art of Edward Marshall Boehm.” F. Fell, New York, New York.
Palley, Reese. 1976. “The Porcelain Art of Edward Marshall Boehm. Harry N. Abrams, New York, New York.
Robinson, Dorothy and Bill Feeny. 1980. “The Official Price Guide to American Pottery & Porcelain.” House of Collectibles, Orlando, Florida.
Other firms at this site:
Edward Marshall Boehm; Edward Marshall Boehm, Inc.; Boehm American Porcelain Company
Historic Street Address: